Friday, October 7, 2011

Deciphering My Non-Verbal Cues.

This is for anyone who is eager to know a little more about me. (Not that I live a secretive life, considering I have mentioned my entire AND real name on my blog and am easily traceable on Facebook.)
Perhaps you want to know those feelings of mine that I strive to keep hidden. If such is the case, read on, for I have compiled a list of all the non-verbal cues I unconsciously send out.



If I look away or wrinkle my nose when you walk into the room, it means I've begun to associate you with a certain kind of smell. Malodorous, yes. A field of manure or a garbage truck, maybe? Or you may just have put on that perfume I associate all menopausal aunties with, that leaves a weird 'Menopausal aunty was here' smell in the elevator.

If you're talking to me and my eyebrows are raised, it can mean one of two things. Curiosity or impatience. The height of the eyebrows is directly proportional to my level of curiosity or impatience. And since I haven't started threading my eyebrows yet, if you see them disappear into my hairline, do the safe thing and get the hell out of my sight.

If you catch me staring at you, best case scenario is that you're Ryan Gosling from Drive. If you aren't, this may mean you've annoyed me in some way. So, either I am thinking of an intelligent sounding compliment or how I should kick you in the gut. Obviously I don't have the courage to follow through either plan and you know it, hence the smirk on your face.

In case I haven't been able to get out of boring conversation, you may detect a barely audible sigh, a slight shoulder slouch, a stifled yawn or a series of punches to the wall that won't stop till I've fractured all my delicate fingers.

If you find me tapping my feet or drumming my fingers on the desk, I am playing my favourite song on full volume in my head and staring at your moving lips just for fun. I'll probably imitate you in front of friends later.

An interesting feature some friends pointed out is my 'duck face'. This is when I really AM concentrating, and ugly lines appear between my eyebrows and I pout like a petulant baby. Duck face usually appears during examinations when I finally figure out that 25 times 2 is 27, or right now.

If you see a huge smile plastered on my face, I'm actually enjoying talking to you. We may hang out after college at Barista or Candies. (This,however, is a truly hypothetical situation to convince you I am not as antisocial as this post may lead you to believe.)

You may finally, catch me daydreaming blissfully, generally in the middle of Accounts class. Don't interrupt because I am imagining myself one of two survivors in a nuclear apocalypse (the other being Bono, of course), and living the remainder of my days in peaceful seclusion and bloody Sundays. 

8 comments:

Confused Soul said...

Hahah this was interesting :D .. I think I have the duck face thing too and definitely the music part I DO! :P .. Hahah nice :)

Kshitij said...

This just leaves me really confused :/

Isha said...

This was fun.
Candies. :)
Bono.

:D

Rahul Bhatia said...

I liked the 'Duck face' part!!!Well written

S R said...

hmm..Thanks for the hot button guidebook:-)

I am sure everybody who meets you in daily life AND read your blog have a lot to wonder about now;-)

mgeek said...

hilarious. might come handy someday. earmarked.

Rikta Doshi said...

quite a read, im gonna take a print out of this and use it while talking to you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi to you all, I liked this hark work in this web page, you are contributing with great writing! This web site is much interesting!
My name is Vera, I Live on New York, so I am going to be a fan of this web page, my personal details may not be in the best interest of everyone but I will tell them off course I like online poker as well as fishing, and I also play a lot Him on my bedroom, I´m without boyfriend at the moment so boys watch out for me....just kidding :)! I once tried online dating it didn´t work out very well....
I wrote this comment cause as I already said I really like this web site I also have a board just as you, but mine is many different from yours, it is about playing poker with real money for free....:)
I will also have to apologize for my language it was the only way I found to communicate with you guys....
Kiss to you all, love you all