Saturday, May 29, 2010

So...what's she like, this Nitisha person?

Today is just one of those days when-
  • The clock is ticking just too slowly for my appetite. For food and for words.
  • I have absolutely nothing to do. On a Saturday night. Wow. How cool am I!
  • I'm just in the mood to write. Rather, I'm in the mood to do something, anything, and writing just comes naturally.
 And now that I'm here, in this nice little space I call mine, I can think of nothing really substantial, to write.
So, the oh-so-subtle person that I am, I shall talk about someone I definitely know more than you.
Me!
Yeah, thinking this up really was a strain on my grey cells! :P

Well, one way to learn about me would probably be my tastes-
Here, I present to you, the 3 most obvious categories that spring to mind.

Musical preferences.
There are 2 aspects that I clearly look for when I listen to music. Melody and lyrics. Surprisingly, I give equal weightage to both.
1. Listening
Genres are just confusing. And bands change genres with each album, these days. So I shall just mention bands. U2 emerges a clear favourite, as does Sigur Ros. I absolutely love listening to Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, The Eagles, The Beatles, Jeff Buckley,Van Morrisson, The Doors, Simon and Garfunkel and Queen. Also, Ben Harper, Damien Rice, Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz.

2.When getting bored in the backseat of a car/Random dancing mood.
Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert, Michael Jackson,Springsteen, AC/DC, Black Eyed Peas.

Literature
Aaaah, wow. I could ramble on for hours, but I'm gonna spare you this time.I'll keep it simple. Reading forms the mainstay of my life. I enjoy literary fiction by Ian McEvan and Cormac McCarthy. Fiction by Jeffrey Archer. Action by Lee Child. Suspense by James Patterson and Harlan Coben. Romance(the very occasional) by Nora Roberts.

I also enjoy autobiographies of REAL people. By which I mean, quality people. So you won't see a say, Britney Spears memoir on my bedside table.

People
I enjoy the company of people capable of making intelligent, witty conversation.
Actually, I enjoy the company of honest, unpretentious people with a sense of humor and a taste for randomness.
A mix of both the above, automatically makes you my best friend.
 Or a partying pug, evidently!

Now, that I'm at the end of this just awesome blog-post, I wonder why I actually spent the last 20 minutes writing it.
I could have indulged in idle generalizations and stereotypes. Or expressed my profound sadness for the cultural breakdown of society. Discussed the alarming rate of farmer suicides and Naxalite attacks in India, global terrorism or even the perverse reality shows I often stoop to watch. I could have contemplated on disappearing innocence or extraterrestrials.
But, a microcosm of  society or cynical urban critic, I am not.

I'm Nitisha Pande, just a 17 year old with short straight hair, wearing old worn-out track-pants, sitting quietly in a flashy Mumbai suburb, killing time on a boring Saturday night, waiting for a change of scene and events, that may never come.
And no, I will not upload a picture of myself in a contemplative mood, just for dramatic effect.
Night. :)

No comments: