Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My least favourite number in the world- 86.2.

Yesterday evening as I was panting away at Joggers Park, this is the message I receive,"Board results at eight a.m. tomorrow," before my world comes crashing down on me, and an overweight 35-year old overtakes me. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! After screaming at the top of my voice(in my mind), and smiling at the 35-year old overweight guy as I overtake him(for real), I try to figure out, like many times before, "Why is just my life like this???", knowing fully well that lacs of students around the country are experiencing the same gamut of emotions I am, but I dont give a damn!
 That was yesterday.
Here are my CBSE Standard XII Board Results.
Business Studies -95/100 (Woooohoooooo!)
Accountancy        -95/100(Complete and total shocker, I expected 80!Awesome!)
English                 -91/100(One mark more than I expected, so wooohoooo again!)  
Economics           -88/100 (Yeah, cool, I guess.)
All was well until here. Let me tell you that that my aggregate up until this point was 92.2%, which is pretty damn good. I was thinking of cake and balloons and what to wear at the celebration party already. But of course, my life can't be so awesome so easy, can it? This was where all my dreams of college admissions being a breeze, and my being an academically brilliant 17 year old vaporized.
THIS is what ruined it- Mathematics -62/100. 


Now my aggregate percentage is a sickly 86.2%. What with ridiculously high college cutoffs (97% at the best commerce college in the country. AND a personal interview after that. As if having no social life for a year and putting on 15 kgs coz you're buried beneath books in your secluded room wasn't enough.Who on earth even gets through?) The colleges in Mumbai have more forgiving cut-offs, for sure. Another reason I love the city so much today! And I don't really know the results of the entrance exams I gave earlier this month, so then again, I'm unsure of admissions there. All the running around in this sultry May heat for college admission forms starts now.
And there I thought life would really begin once my Board examinations ended. We know how that ended,don't we?
Sometime, ignorance really is bliss, isn't it?
Life. :/

6 comments:

Tarun Maudgalya said...

cangrats for the results... atleast u have got 86%... i havent got even 81%:(

Nitisha said...

Haha, really? How much did you get?
And important question, you really believe that creation of the state of Telangana is essential?

Tarun Maudgalya said...

i got 80.9%:D..... well talking about telangana, formation of separate telangana state is the only solution for the development of the region as well as other regions in andhrapradesh such as coastal andhra and rayalaseema....

Tarun Maudgalya said...

you have finished your 12th right?? wat plans next??

Nitisha said...

But do you really believe that all that violence and killing is neccessary? What purpose does that serve ultimately?

Nitisha said...

And I'm running around for college admissions now! :P