'The city is wilder than you think and kinder than you think.'
I have never read words more befitting Mumbai.
I wish this piece of artwork found its way to this city someday. It perfectly encapsulates everything everyone has ever said about it.
And yet, like every piece of art, it's imperfect. It's too blatant.
Perfection would have been strolling through Bandra and chancing the poem upon the broken walls adorned with graffiti in those narrow, narrow lanes. The words would be founding calmly leaning against the walls, the type traced through the innumerable cracks. Many would pass by the route daily, and yet, the words would be found by a few. Those who would spot them would slow down, intrigue and a slow smile wrapping their faces. They would stop, read, read it again and eventually move on, with something on their mind that probably hadn't been there earlier.
It would resonate differently with different people. It would resonate. It was spark thought. The element of surprise, of chance; that would have made these lines of poetry perfect.
A lot of these pieces are constructed using 'recycled sunlight'. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds lovely anyway.
Here is a link to the artist's website. It opens to Recycled Sunlight Piece#5. http://www.robertmontgomery.org/robertmontgomery.org/5.html
:)

5 comments:
enchanting words :)
Weakest LINK
those are some really nice thoughts....the artist that is :)
The lines are quite lovely! :) And I thought the same thing when I first read them. Nothing more befitting than that for Bombay! :)
Oh, and recycled sunlight is using solar power which is stored by cells during day time to provide energy for lighting at night. Quite a cool idea. Another interpretation is biomass simply because sunlight powers biological cells which store energy inside biomass fuels.
Being a mumbaikar, I'd relate to most of the things you've mentioned.....absolute portrayal of Mumbai...good going :)
!, I love your writing in your page, you are contributing with great writing! This web page is very enlightening!
I´m Rosen, I Live on Rome, so I am going to be a follower of this web page, My interests you may don´t want to know them but I say them off course I love football as well as fishing, and I also listen a lot The Cure on my parties, I´m single now so boys watch out for me....Just flirting with you guys lol :)! I already tried online dating it didn´t worked out very well....
I made this comment because as I already said I really enjoy your page I also have a forum just as you, but mine is many different from yours, it is about no deposit poker bonus....:)
I will also have to apologize by my writting it was the only way I get to talk with you guys....
Xo Xo to everybody, love you all
Post a Comment