Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ever heard of The Smiths?

If you haven't, please do. :)

Admittedly, I started listening to them after watching 500 Days of Summer(a great movie, by the way!), but I have fallen in love with the music and the lead singer Morrissey ever since.

Of course, it was an 80s British band, which disbanded in '87 and Morrissey categorically maintains that "he is bored of men...bored of women", which makes my chances of ever going on a date with,this now 51-year old, I adore a complete non-event. :(
(Please listen to his solo album "Viva Hate" if you have the time.I've been listening to it, and I absolutely love it.)

My favourite song by The Smiths, is from the album, The Queen is Dead.
And it is called....

9.9999 times out of 10, I am averse to tattoos. Not this one. :)


Some other songs of theirs that I absolutely love are-
Half A Person
The Charming Man
 Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me
Stop Me If you think you've heard this before
Hand In Glove
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Frankly Mr.Shankly
I Love the One I  Cannot Have.

Okay, I know I'm forgetting quite a few, but these songs are really good.
Give them a listen. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in my forties and I loved the Smiths when I was a teenager/in my twenties. Some brilliant songs. I just regret missing seeing them live. My friend had tickets to see them in about 1983 but I had other commitments and they weren't so big then. Later it was impossible to get tickets for a live gig!

sanket kambli said...

never heard of smiths..will give it a try

Rohan said...

I Hav 500 days of summer with me. . Never saw it tho. . Its a very romantic movie rt??
And yea vl try out smiths!

Nitisha said...

@Cambridge Lady, you had the chance to watch them perform live? :O :O
Am I jealous or what??

@Sankoobaba- You should one million percent give them a try! :)

@Rohan- 500 days of Summer is a must-watch. It isn't like one of those corny, over the top romance movies, it's just a simple realistic funny film about love. I bet you'll like it. :)

Tangled up in blue... said...

Nitisha, I have to say this..you have a superawesome fabulous taste in music! :) Seriously, I also had never heard of The Smiths before (500) Days of Summer..I didnt like the film as much as everyone else did..but the music was something else..them and Carla Bruni too! :D I love love love I love the one I cannot have..:)